Thursday, August 24, 2017

Week 9 Sound Recording, Music and Radio

Topic 1: Music's Influence 

1. As long as I can remember I have always had an interest for unique types of music and artists, for example, when I was 9 everyone my age was listening to Spice girls and Backstreet Boys, while I was listening to KK Project "I Like to Move it Move it" and all of the Daft Punk tracks, I loved it! Since then I have grown to love electronic dance music, as a pre- teen I would pretend to be the family's DJ and make mixtapes of dance songs and play them at our birthday parties, my young siblings thought I was the coolest, but my friends did not. They would constantly poke fun at my choice of music and becoming a DJ, it wasn't until a few years back that EDM became well known due to shows such as, Jersey Shore, and any other reality tv show that incorporated fist pumping. So when this happened a few of my friends would ask me "Hey have you heard this new cool song it is awesome" and in an irritated tone I would respond with "Yes, it came out last year it's not new". But it wasn't until a few years back when I stumbled upon a video called "I Fink U Freeky" by Die Antwoord, that I actually got a few judgemental eyebrow raises especially from my parents who have always encouraged my weirdness, but this was a little too weird for their taste.


2. In high school when my friends were extremely judgmental of my music choices it would bother me but soon after I began college I couldn't care less. But a few years back when I shared the "I Fink U Freeky" video with my parents, I felt like a complete weirdo especially after their raised eyebrows and judgmental expressions alongside their "that's too weird and creepy, is that even music?" remark. So I did what I knew best and read the comments to see how many weirdos their where that enjoyed the video as much as I did and to my surprise there was allot, so that made me feel better.

3. My favorite music genre is EDM, some of my favorite artists include; Martin Garrix, Swedish House Mafia, Deorro, Dimitri Vegas, and Major Lazer.


Topic 2: Campus Radio 

1. I believe it is a great idea, a campus radio would be an amazing opportunity for those who are interested in music and radio to begin advancing in their potential career path while attending LBCC. It would also be great for everyone to listen in on what students are listening to and maybe find a common ground with different crows of individuals, and keep in touch with daily activities going on at the campus because not everyone checks their school email every day or reads the posters posted on the halls.

2. The two platforms the campus radio should adapt are; online podcast, and a phone app. The online podcast would be able to be accessed through phone or laptop, and the app would be available for your phone which would be easily accessible. The online podcast would be specific to LBCC community of students with pictures and comments next to recommended songs and artists. The phone app would not only provide a range of songs and artist students recommend but also their ratings within the LBCC community. In the app it would also notify students of upcoming events and weekly personal surveys on artists and songs.

3. The campus radio should be funded by the phone app sales, advertisements included on the app, and monthly student fundraising and music awareness gatherings. For example, the committee putting this app together should search for local companies who are willing to pay them for the advertisement of their company. In addition, monthly music performances, such as DJs, bands, instrument players and singers, can put on a monthly show in a popular location and charge for entry, while the venue benefits from the purchases made by the students, the campus radio benefits from ticket sales.  







No comments:

Post a Comment